Kasoag.— This is a post hamlet in the northern part of the town about three miles north of Williamstown village, on the old Indian trail from Oneida Castle to the Salmon River. The Oneida Indians had a camping ground on the site of Kasoag and many relics have been found there. The settlement was started around the saw mill and dam which were built about 1810 by William Hamilton, the second mill in the town. The mill has passed away, but the original dam, more or less improved, is still in use. Not much business was carried on at Kasoag until after 1848, in which year William J. Dodge and James L. Humphrey, who came from Albany, built a large barrel manufactory there, with a capacity of 1,000 barrels a day. These were sold largely in Syracuse and Oswego. The first factory was burned, but was rebuilt and the business continued several years, until suitable timber became scarce. The senior member of this firm, W. J. Dodge, was supervisor in 1852. The business interests of Kasoag consists at the present time of a store kept by Frank Coon; a hotel, by Michael McDermott; a feed store; a large factory for the manufacture of furniture, and the saw mill, by the Kasoag Manufacturing Company, and a few shops. The postmaster is Alonzo Frost, who succeeded George Bailey.